Saturday, November 8, 2014

Corrupted Rangers


These followers of Jefre have been corrupted by their leader to a foul end. They are scouring Aylied Ruins along the gold coast searching for terrible artifacts, The Dread Armor.

You encounter these high-level enemies during the quest Shadows in a Struggle for Power.

Eregor, the Leader of these rangers is holed up in Yeleri, sending his brethren out to find the final piece of the armor.

He has underlings in various ruins, including Barastas and Narind.

The Corrupted Rangers wear Braided Armor, both light and heavy versions. Should the player attempt to don the armor, they will be contacted by Jephre and tasked with the quest of returning the Heart of the Forest.

A cacophony of laughter and whispers fills my mind. The silvery voices mock my attempt to don this item. I distinguish a name, the Storyteller. Somehow, I am yet unworthy of their lord's blessing. The whispers become louder. I can sense their growing anger. Suddenly, they stop. A flash of iridescent green light blinds my sight. I can see the damp blue hues of an Ayleid ruin's hall. Upon a pedestal rests a magnificent green jewel. A single sound echoes in my mind... Narind.

I tried to don armor from a fallen ranger but it slip (sic) off me as if it were alive. A vision then overcame me. Voices at first mocked me for my temerity. They grew angry as I saw the interior of an Ayleid ruin. A green gem rested upon a pedestal. It seems that this gem is of great value to their master, The Storyteller, whom I think is Jephre himself. Were I to recover this sacred stone from the bowels of Narind, mayhap Jephre shall reward my allegiance and deed.

The heart of the forest is not unguarded.
You will be told the name of the Ayleid ruin, Narind, but not given its location. And there are many new ruins that have been recently uncovered by these fell rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment